Say hello to your new favorite home-made Chinese dish. Secondary cuts of beef are transformed into tender strips of beef coated with a garlicy asian sauce, broccoli, and mushrooms. This must try dish is quick and easy to make all made in one skillet in under 15 minutes.Who doesn’t love Chinese food? I honestly can’t get enough of it, but prefer to make my own at home. I want it homemade and quick! Making it healthier, faster, and cost saving is the only way to go.
This beef and broccoli recipe has been our favorite. It’s 1000x better than any Chinese restaurants and has been our go to recipe for years. It’s super easy to make and is packed full of flavor. It’s made with simple ingredients that you should be able to find in your fridge or pantry.
The beef is first marinated in a mixture of cornstarch and water for just 2-3 minutes. This mixture tenderizes the beef and will make any tough cut of beef tender and melt in the mouth.
The beef is then cooked in a large skillet until brown and crispy on the outside and removed from the pan. Now here’s the fun part, At this point you can add whatever veggies you like to the skillet. I like to use broccoli, mushrooms, and bell peppers. But anything you like will work just as good.
After the veggies have cooked down, return the beef to the skillet and pour in the sauce mixture. Stir fry for just a minute and enjoy this flavorful tender beef and broccoli on noodles or rice!
Quick 15 Minute Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb boneless round, chuck steak, flat iron, or flank steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive, vegetable, or sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- ½ bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- hot cooked rice or noodles for serving
- For the sauce:
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the beef and mix until fully coated. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until it's no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry garlic, broccoli, onion, bell peppers and mushrooms in the remaining oil, for 3-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- In small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and pour into pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until everything is fully combines and the mixture as simmered.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles. Enjoy!