This no fail recipe makes the best moist and tastiest banana bread you will find! It contains no sugar or butter! It’s finally here! We are a huge fan of banana bread. Some how, we always end up with 3 to 4 very ripe bananas just sitting on the counter. Bananas that are too ripe to eat, but are perfect for baking. You know what they say, when life gives you ripe bananas, make banana bread.
But seriously, ripe bananas are a dream in banana bread and make the best banana bread ever. This healthy banana bread is everything you want in banana bread. It’s moist and dense and full of flavor. I made a batch shared a few slices with my friends and they could not believe it was “healthy”. This recipe is a keeper for sure and I’m sure your family will love it as much as we do! To make this banana bread healthy, The sugar is replaced with honey and for the butter, we opted in for coconut oil. As for the flour, whole wheat flour works wonders.
Another very important ingredient is the ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are super sweet so the riper the better. If your bananas are not yet brown or soft then you can place them in a 300F degree oven for 20 minutes or until dark brown. I swear this method will produce the ripest bananas that are perfect for banana bread.
healthy Moist Banana Bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2-3 medium bananas)
- 1¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or chopped walnuts, raisins), optional
- Pre-heat oven to 325F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, honey, milk and vanilla for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, flour mixture and chocolate chips (or any other add ins of choice.
- Pour batter into greased pan, sprinkle with some more cinnamon, raw sugar, or banana slices (optional) Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!