Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, bell peppers and cheese wrapped in tortillas and toasted until the cheese is melted and gooey and the outside is crispy. These tasty burrito wraps are perfect for breakfast, brunch or meal prep. The secret to a productive morning is a delicious breakfast. Breakfast and brunch are one of the hardest meals to prep because there aren’t many options out there. Luckily, these crunchy egg and cheese burrito wraps come together in under 20 minutes and make a delicious breakfast or brunch. They are also great for meal prepping because they freeze very well.
The veggies and bacon are sautéed together in the same pan making it super easy to include a variety of veggies into the wraps. I used bell peppers, jalapeno, and red onion along with the chopped bacon but spinach, mushrooms, or broccoli work great too!
The eggs are then cooked in the same pan along with lot of cheese. You can use mozzarella or cheddar but if you really want to spice things up, I suggest try Crystal Farms® Cheese Quesadilla or Asadero cheeses. They melt very well and add a creamy buttery taste to the eggs! Plus, they are gluten-free, Lactose tolerant and contain are natural with few preservatives.
Once the eggs and veggies are cooked, it’s time to wrap up the burritos. At this point, feel free to add any additional add-ins like avocado, sriracha, feta or cilantro. I added avocado, cilantro and sriracha to half of the wraps and they were amazing!
To finish it all off, I like to toast the burritos in a teaspoon of oil on the same pan we cooked everything in. This extra step melts the cheese and gives the outside a nice and crispy texture. This step is completely optional but I highly recommend going the extra step!
Cheesy Breakfast & Brunch Egg WrapsPrint Rate
- 3-4 slices of bacon diced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded, rinsed and diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Crystal Farms® Cheese mozzarella, quesadilla or cheddar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half & half or heavy cream or milk or sour-cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium flour tortillas or 4 large
- oil for pan
- Heat a large non-stick pan to high heat. Add diced bacon, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno and olive oil. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Transfer to a bowl, wipe down pan and return the pan to heat to cook eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, half & half and salt. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter into the pan and heat for 1 minute. Add eggs and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes or just until the eggs begin to set. transfer eggs into another bowl and wipe down pan again.
- Lay each tortilla on a clean flat Surface, fill each tortilla with scrambled eggs, some of the veggie mixture and cheese. Fold into a tight burritos shape. Toast for 1-2 minutes per side with a teaspoon of olive oil or butter in the same pan until the outside is crispy and golden. Serve warm with your favorite salsa.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.