Healthy Zucchini Bread is a nutritious and guilt-free indulgent treat at only 215 calories per slice! This delicious zucchini bread is sweetened with honey and offers a perfect opportunity to sneak in some extra veggies while satisfying your sweet tooth without any added artificial sweeteners.
Today I wanted to share with you an irresistible treat that combines the goodness of fresh zucchini with the comforting flavors of homemade bread. If you’re a fan of moist and flavorful baked goods, this recipe is a must-try. Whether for breakfast, a snack, or dessert, this guilt-free zucchini bread will have you coming back for more.
Zucchini bread is a delightful way to incorporate nutritious vegetables into a delectable treat that the whole family can enjoy. It is low in calories and packed with essential nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and dietary fiber. By incorporating zucchini into your bread, you’ll be adding extra vitamins and minerals to your diet.
The zucchini also adds a subtle sweetness to the bread, making it incredibly moist and tender. I hope you give this zucchini bread recipe a try and indulge in its delightful flavors. Your kitchen will be filled with the aroma of warm spices and freshly baked goods.
What You Will Need to Make Zucchini Bread
Zucchini: To make this delicious zucchini bread, you will first need fresh zucchini. Summer and springtime are the perfect time to harvest this delicious veggie but they can be found year-round at your local supermarket.
Flour: You will also need all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. If you do not have whole wheat flour on hand, you can go ahead and replace it with more all-purpose flour.
Coconut Oil: Using coconut oil will keep the bread moist and fluffy but it also adds many health benefits. The coconut oil can be replaced with your favorite cooking oil or butter if desired.
Honey: Another delicious healthy ingredient in this zucchini bread is honey. It is used as a sweetener and also adds many healthy benefits. To replace with sugar, simply use 1 cup of sugar and increase the milk to ½ cup instead of ⅓ of a cup.
Remember, zucchini bread is incredibly versatile. You can customize it by adding your favorite mix-ins like nuts, dried fruits, or chocolate chips.
How to Make Zucchini Bread
To make this zucchini bread begin by preheating the oven to 325F and grease or line your loaf pan with parchment paper or foil.
Next, combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be sure to cool before serving!
Tips for Making Healthy Zucchini Bread:
- Grate and Squeeze Zucchini: Grate the zucchini and gently squeeze out the excess moisture using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. This step prevents the bread from becoming too wet during baking.
- Storage: Store your healthy zucchini bread correctly (see below) in order to ensure it remains fresh and ready to enjoy whenever you crave a nutritious treat.
- Mindful Portioning: While zucchini bread can be healthy, it’s essential to enjoy it in moderation. Stick to smaller portion sizes to avoid consuming excessive calories.
How to Store Zucchini Bread
Storing quick bread properly is crucial to maintain its freshness and texture. Here are a few tips to help you store this delicious bread:
- Cool Completely: First, allow the bread to cool completely on a wire rack. This helps prevent condensation and ensures the bread won’t become soggy. Wrap in Plastic Wrap or Foil: Once the bread has cooled, tightly wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it protected from air and moisture. Make sure all sides of the bread are covered to maintain freshness. You can also do this slice by slice.
- Store at Room Temperature: Quick bread can be stored at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
- Freeze for Longer Storage: If you want to store quick bread for a more extended period, freezing is an excellent option. Wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil or place it in a freezer-safe bag. Proper wrapping prevents freezer burn and helps maintain the bread’s quality. Quick bread can be frozen for up to 3-4 months.
- Thawing: When ready to enjoy a frozen quick bread, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature, still wrapped, for a few hours or overnight. Once thawed, you can unwrap and serve the bread as desired.
Healthy Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and keep it ready.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together; all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the eggs, coconut oil, honey, milk and vanilla extract. Add the grated zucchini, whisk vigorously until everything is well combined.
- Combine the wet mixture and flour; mix it well without any lumps. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake them for 50 – 60 minutes until the loaf looks golden on top and the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place the bread on a wire rack and once cooled, slice the bread and serve!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More Delicious Healthy Bread Recipes to Try: