Crispy, cheesy, and healthy, these chicken and avocado wraps are easy to make and ready in under 10 minutes.
By now I’m going to assume you all know about my burrito obsession. It all started with me moving to Philly a few years back. There I was exposed to some of the most authentic Mexican food. I then began making it at home and next thing I knew, I was wrapping everything in a tortilla. I make breakfast burritos, baked burritos, and burrito bowls.
These chicken and avocado wraps are not really Mexican but they are one of our all time favorite meals and they are wrapped so I guess I can call them Tex-Mex. I shared the original recipe a few years back and it was a huge hit all over the internet, especially on pinterest. The recipe has been pinned over 1.8 million times! How awesome is that!
Because I get so many requests for this recipe I decided to share a few other ways we love to have these wraps. You can make these wraps as simple or as complicated as you want but let’s stick with the simple version for time’s sake. You can use any type of cooked chicken. Rotisserie, grilled, shredded, or pan seared chicken all work well. When I don’t have leftover chicken on hand I pan sear chicken breasts for a few minutes until tender.
After that combine the chicken with diced avocado (the ripper the better), cilantro, and sour cream. Next sprinkle some cheese on your tortillas and top with some of the chicken avocado mixture. Wrap without tucking in the ends. Crisp in a hot pan with a teaspoon of oil.Serve with salsa or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to make extra and place them in the fridge or freezer for work tomorrow. They will last up to 3 days in the fridge and up to 3 weeks in the freezer.
My Famous 10 Minute Healthy Crispy Chicken and avocado Wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded, sliced or diced
- ½ cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- ¼ cup sour-cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix the shredded chicken, avocado, sour-cream and cilantro.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a plate and sprinkle with cheese. Top with ¼ of the mixture, form a roll. repeat the process for all four tortillas.
- pour 1 tablespoon oil into a heated pan or griddle. Place all four tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the burritos are golden in color. Serve warm.
- Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 weeks.