Keto Peanut Butter Squares are the perfect low-carb dessert at just 8G net carbs per serving! These delightful squares are a heavenly combination of rich, creamy peanut butter and decadent chocolate, all while being low in carbs and sugar.
Carbs can just be the worst. What’s even harder is seeing all those yummy desserts that everyone snacks on, knowing that you’re not going to be able to eat them. Over the years I’ve shared many keto desserts and this is another delicious addition!
But this simple peanut butter low-carb dessert is a game-changer. Not only does it make 16 delicious squares that you get to enjoy guilt-free, but it also will have no one guessing that it’s a low-carb treat!
Whether you share or not is totally up to you – but I understand 100% if you want to keep them all to yourself! (sometimes it’s nice to not have to share!)
Why Keto Dessert Squares?
- Easy to make: You only need two hours to make them. The hardest part of this simple dessert is being patient for them to firm up to enjoy!
- Added protein benefit: Peanut butter is a healthy fat that is also loaded with protein. Low carb and high protein? Count me in!
- Perfect for making in advance: Need a snack that you can take with you or pack for lunch? You can whip up this peanut butter treat a few days in advance so that it’s ready to eat when you’re ready to eat it!
How to make Low Carb Peanut Butter Squares
To make these delicious peanut butter treats, gather all your ingredients and line a baking dish with parchment paper. You don’t want any of that goodness to stick to the pan!
Add the peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments. The mixture should be creamy. Once melted well, add the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Place it into the fridge for 10 minutes.
While it is firming in the fridge, mix the chocolate chips and the rest of the coconut oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl and melt for a minute by stirring frequently until the chocolate is completely melted.
Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and spread it out evenly. Place the pan in the fridge for 2 hours until the chocolate is set.
Feel free to experiment with different variations of this recipe by adding chopped nuts, a drizzle of sugar-free caramel, or even a sprinkle of sea salt on top. The possibilities are endless, allowing you to create a personalized twist on this already delicious treat.
I hope you enjoy preparing and savoring these Keto Peanut Butter Squares as much as I do. Let their indulgent flavors and guilt-free nature bring joy to your keto journey.
What peanut butter is OK for keto?
For the peanut butter to be keto-approved, it needs to be natural peanut butter that is unsweetened. No sugar can be added.
Is there a peanut butter with no carbs?
No such peanut butter exists! The good thing about peanut butter is that it has other nutrients and is a good fat, making it a good choice to enjoy in moderation.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter for this recipe?
You can use any type of peanut butter that you would like, as long as it’s natural and without sugar. The crunchy peanut butter would give this recipe a really nice texture that is worth experimenting with!
How to store Low Carb PB Squares
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, that just means that you’ll get to enjoy the flavor once again! Put a lid or cover on the pan, and keep the leftovers stored in the fridge.
Eat any leftovers within 2-3 days for the best flavor and taste.
If you want to freeze any, you can add them to a freezer-safe bag and store them in the freezer. This is a great way to make them last even longer!
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 1½ cup peanut butter creamy
- ¼ cup coconut oil divided
- 1 cup almond flour superfine
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup powdered Erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips sugar free
- Line a 8X8 square pan with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine peanut butter and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Melt them in a microwave for about 30 seconds and mix them until creamy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol and vanilla extract to the peanut butter mixture. Mix everything together using a spatula until well combined.
- Transfer the prepared mixture to the square pan and spread them evenly. Place it in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile in a medium microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and remaining coconut oil, melt for a minute by stirring frequently until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until the chocolate is set and cut them into equal squares and serve.
Leave a Reply